Writing and editing
- Journalistic reporting and editing for newspapers and Internet news service.
- Teaching university courses in journalistic writing and editing including Associated Press style.
- Former country director and program manager for the International Center for Journalists.
- Technical writer and editor, producing proposal packages, work plans, technical progress reports, final reports, evaluations, capacity assessments, case studies, and presentations, for projects of USAID, Johns Hopkins University, World Health Organization, UNDP, EU agencies, foundations.
- Public information including press releases, brochures, fact sheets, success stories, speeches, presentations, and web articles for USAID, Johns Hopkins, WHO.
- As national editor for online news service Internet Broadcasting, coordinated team of five producing timely interactive features cross-promoted with television stations. Coordinated news coverage by remote staff; designed procedures for sharing content. Designed national feature sections.
- For Johns Hopkins University, designed content organization of consumer health website and pharmacist education website. Oversaw web team of four. Coordinated promotion via social media. Event planning, public information and reporting in support of awareness campaigns.
- Maintained public websites of USAID/Egypt and USAID Egypt Media Development Program.
- CMS experience: Dreamweaver, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Drupal, Joomla, MS BackOffice.
- Experienced with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, FTP, HTML, Sakai, Vista, Moodle.
- Designed behavior-change communication campaigns in public health in Egypt for the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs.
- Public relations, coalition outreach, and legislative strategy.
- Hosted press conferences for U.S. nonprofits.
- Public speaker: panel moderator, on-air guest, facilitating press conferences, lecturer.
- Wrote speeches and PowerPoints for U.S. Ambassador in Egypt.