Program management and support
Program management and leadership. Program manager for regional training programs. Supervision of staff, consultants, trainers, vendors. Team leader in production of multimedia projects including web sites, reports, and publications. Leadership award for founding voluntary organization.
- Manage budgets and contracts for training programs, reporting to federal government funders.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and audits.
- Design and oversee work plans and schedules for federally funded activities.
- Documenting and evaluating results; designing procedures to gauge progress of activities in comparison to goals.
For Johns Hopkins University’s implementation of public health communication projects:
- Supervised four-person web team in updating and promoting two health-oriented websites.
- Reporting on progress compared with goals, financial reporting support, and audit compliance.
- Designed four awareness campaigns including work plan, schedule, budget, and indicators.
For International Center for Journalists’ implementation of multi-country training program:
- Budget tracking, progress reporting against goals.
For Internet Broadcasting’s rapid updating of 40 news websites:
- Coordinated five-person team rapidly producing online content packages.
- Supervised 14 freelance columnists produced weekly and daily content.
For international awareness campaign through University of Minnesota Human Rights
- Founded/coordinated multi-organization campaign, p.r., public speaking, managed volunteers.
- Received leadership award.
Program design and proposal-writing:
Proposal writer, grant writer/editor of successful bids to U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), foundations, European governments, Egyptian government. Fundraising strategy. Design of awareness-raising and capacity-building interventions for Johns Hopkins University and Environmental Quality International (EQI) in Egypt. Design of training programs for International Center for Journalists (ICFJ).